There is a challenge for a Sr. Risk Management Officer who feels at home within a fast-paced, international FinTech startup!
The Risk Management Team at Safened enhances the 2nd line of defense. It is currently a ‘one-man show’ which needs extension in order to keep up with the company’s fast-growing business and ambitions.
Main purpose of the role
You will be responsible for supporting the business in ensuring that risks are mitigated sufficiently so that Safened’s risk appetite is met. In this role you will working closely with the Head of Risk Management, and a Jr. Risk professional, yet to hired. As a team you will be setting up the structures and take care of the whole 2nd line of defense. By the end of 2019 the Risk team is expected to consist of 7-8 people; 3-4 Jr. Operational Risk Officers (QA), 2 Risk Management Officers, 1 IT Security Office and a Head of Risk Management. So in the role of Sr. Risk Management Officer you have the chance to joint this ambitious team almost from the start!
Main aereas of responsibility;
- Manage Risk & Control framework and ensuring that it is incorporated into the company’s policies and (IT) procedures;
- Participation in business development and/or (IT) sprint planning meetings;
- Advise the business on how to effectively and efficiently mitigate risks sufficiently;
- In charge of the adherence of business to the enterprise risk and control framework;
- In cooperation with the external accountant responsible for the ISAE3402 and COS3000 assurance reports.
Required qualifications/level of education
- MSc in IT, Finance or other related field
- Professional certification such as RE or RA/RO with extensive IT knowledge.
Core competencies/ Personal attributes;
- Surely adaptable to new environments, people, responsibilities
- Thriving for a high level of excellence and professionalism
- Entrepreneurial, pro-active and result-minded
- Sensitive to cultural differences
- Ambitious with the focus on development and growth
Key skills, knowledge and experience
- A minimum of 5 years relevant experience in the field of IT Audit or IT Risk, preferably within one of the Big4;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Extensive IT knowledge
- Extensive MS Office skills (Word/Excel)
Safened is a fast-growing tech-driven startup company, driven by a vision to turn financial risk and regulatory challenges into simple and secure solutions. It reduces complexity and offers easy to integrate solutions to financial institutions and platform businesses. Secure by enabling companies and individuals by using the world’s most stable asset classes while protecting their partners against fraud, risk and identity theft. Their core products focus on deposit and customer onboarding solutions, serviced via their proprietary technology platform. Safened offers its products globally and has offices in London, New York Amsterdam and Barcelona. As a Payments Institution, Safened is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. The company culture is characterized by a flat structure and direct communication with the emphasis on results and collaboration.
Safened offers a very challenging position within a fast-growing, international oriented, start-up with lots of possibilities to further grow and develop yourself. It is attractively located within the Centre of Amsterdam. They want the best professionals in their field of excellence and will consequently offer a competitive salary
Not for you but maybe for another professional?
Maybe this role doesn’t suit you or maybe you are not (actively) looking for another position but you do know a professional suitable for his position? We are of course more than open to referral recruitment. And in case of a successful procedure, it goes without saying that we reward your efforts by means of our FindersFee.
Are you interested or looking for more information?
If you are interested, please apply for this position via our website. Or mail your resume and motivation directly to Annemarie Blaisse, Sr. Consultant. For more information please contact via firstname.lastname@example.org or 06-41532393.
Interested in another position?
RiskPeople works for recommendable organisations. For more information, we invite you to explore our website. You can also follow us on LinkedIn. Or register, in that way we will also keep you posted.